New Orleans, LA May 2, 2016
Phoenix International Systems, Inc., proven pioneer in state-of-the art data storage technology providing rugged and reliable COTS data storage solutions, today introduced Self Encrypting Drive (SED) technology support for its VP1-250X Open VPX Plug-in Storage Module. The new Module is being introduced at XPONENTIAL 2016.
The Phoenix International VP1-250X Series now supports TCG compliant and FIPS 140-2 validated AES 256 encryption as well as instant secure erase when configured with solid state disks and hard disk drives with these capabilities.
Data security is a key component to any mass storage application and has been brought to the general public’s awareness. For example, recent data breaches at major corporations, retail establishments and government agencies have highlighted to people the financial and security fallout from these attacks. However, for deployed military applications, data security has always been a concern and thanks to new Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) options, data-at-rest security has become more efficient and affordable.
The VP1-250X is a 3U VPX drive storage module capable of using either rotating media or solid state drives. The VP1-250X allows direct point-to-point connection of drives or uses the PCI Express interface with the on-board SATA controller to interface with the host. It features a “Purge” input to destroy the supported media installed on the module for data security. The module supports both SATA and SAS drives.
Major Features of the Phoenix VPX Mass Data Storage Module:
– Solid-state disk or hard disk devices
– Conduction, REDI conduction or air-cooled
– Supports SATA, SAS and PCI express interfaces
– Up to 80,000 feet operational altitude
– Operational temperature from -40° to 85°C
– Connect as SATA/SAS drive or via the PCIe interface, jumper selectable
– Solid State Drives (SSD) up to 4TB, Rotating Disk Drives (RDD) up to 6TB
– Can be configured to work from Fat Pipe A or B from the VPX bus
– Integrated SLC, eMLC or MLC NAND SSDs
– Meets military and IRIG 106-07 declassification standards
– Optional AES 256 encryption
– Made in USA
Phoenix International has been designing and building Rugged data storage systems for any application – from Multi-Terabyte Fibre Channel RAID, Network Attached Storage (NAS) and Storage Area Network (SAN) configurations to conduction cooled plug-in VPX and VME solid state disk storage modules – since 1993.
Based in Orange, California, Phoenix International is an AS9100 Rev C/ISO 9001:2008 Certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB).