Orange, CA, September 26, 2006 — Phoenix International Systems, Inc., has added a Dual Removable Hot-Swap Disk Drives option to its line of Rugged Mass Storage VME plug-in modules.
The new VF1-250-SC-RHD model allows portability in transporting a data storage device (by itself) for secure or archival storage off-line or for transferring data files to operating storage arrays, servers of host platforms. The dual device configuration is ideal for host based RAID 1 (data mirroring) applications as it is designed to allow the user to hot-swap either (or both) hard disk drives from a standard single slot (4HP) 6U plug-in VME module. In addition, it includes the most comprehensive set of performance features for VME products in the industry, including:
· Transparency to any operating system
· Ultra-320 LVD SCSI I/O
· 10,000 RPM Spindle Speed
· Average Seek Read/Write (m sec) 4.1/4.5
· SCSI connect via front panel and/or back plane P2 connectors
· Sensiterm: automatic internal bus termination
· Front panel device ID select and activity indicator
· Rugged steel construction with internal heat sink
· 1,400,000 Hour MTBF
· Shock: 60 Gs @ 2 msec (operating); 275 Gs @ 2 msec (non-operating)
· Vibration: 1.5 Gs @ 5-400 Hz (operating); 3 Gs @ <500 Hz (non-operating)
Phoenix International is the only ISO 9001:2000 certified manufacturer of VME data storage products, reflecting the company’s commitment to the highest quality standards in manufacturing, quality control and customer service. The company’s reputation for consistent delivery of rugged COTS VME storage solutions is in its second decade.